There are many fantastic vlogging cameras in the market today, but what really is vlogging in the first place? Actually, vlogging is the combination of video and blogging and the term is used when bloggers are adding videos to their content to make it more attention-grabbing and appealing to readers. The trend in video blogging is steadily growing in its popularity, so without a good camera, all efforts of creating a quality video blog will just be useless as low-quality vlog will remain unnoticed. Therefore, for vlogging, a camera is the most important equipment that a vlogger ought to have.
The Basics About Vlogging Cameras
Surely enough, basic built-in or standalone webcam will do the trick, but if the quality is of the essence in your vlogging, then you will have to invest in a standalone camera that keeps up with your content.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Figure out what are your needs first. Totally, it all depends on the type of shooting you will be doing. Perhaps, you may need tripods, an audibly enhanced video, or a camcorder with low-light recording capabilities.
- If your work needs versatility and use a lot of multimedia or if you want to mix photography and vlogging, choose a camera that can very well do both.
- If you’re a learner, you may stick to affordable and simple cameras before investing in pricey equipment that in the end is not needed.
- For bloggers who want to do vlogging on the go, whether capturing their adventurous journey or placing viewers in a first-person perspective, action cams are the best fit.
Quick Overview Vlogging Cameras
Best Vlogging Cameras Reviews
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera 1066C001 Bundle
Looking for the best Canon Vlogging camera that will indisputably help you on your Youtube or Video Blog for the upcoming years, then the Canon G7x is unquestionably the best vlogging camera you can have right now. It comes with 12″ Flexible Tripod, SD USB Card Reader, and an SD USB Card Reader.
The bundle contains the following:
- 1- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera
- 1- Sony 32GB UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
- 1- Lens Cleaning Solution
- 1- Blower Brush
- 1- Microfiber Cloth
- 1- Lens Tissue Paper
- 1- 5pc Cotton Swabs
- 1- Memory Card Wallet
- 1- SD USB Card Reader
- 1- Micro HDMI Cable
- 1- Lens Pen Cleaner
- 1- MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
- 1- 12″ Flexible Tripod
2. Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera
This Sony W800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera under 100 has a SteadyShot image stabilization that reduces blurriness. This camera has a focal length of f=4.6-23 mm shoot incredibly smooth videos and still images with optical SteadyShot image stabilization with active mode. It has 5 optical zooms, 10 clear image zoom, 20.1 MP that delivers optimum quality images and a maximum continuous shooting speed of 0.52 fps (for up to 100 shots). This camera with Sony Lens with F3.2 (W) – 6.4 (T) maximum aperture is perfect for vloggers and avid photographers who love to take images and videos.
- MP Super HAD CCD Sensor – A powerful 20.1-megapixel super sensor helps capture stunning images with excellent contrast and clarity down to the finest detail.
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom – Capture a subject close enough to the action with 5x optical zoom plus 10x Clear Image digital zoom with the professional Sony ZEISS lens
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization- A technology that delivers a sharp quality image with low noise and very minimal blur even while the user is strolling.
- 720p HD Movie Mode – Capture videos in 720p giving the user perfect quality shots and improve the way of your vlogging.
- Simplify Camera Menu with Easy Mode – Putting the camera on easy mode makes your shooting experience simple and enjoyable.
- Convenient Battery Charging – Charge battery via USB is simple and easy. Simply connect the camera via USB to PCs USB port and/or power supply and charge your battery on the go.
3. Sony a7R II 42.4 MP Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
Although the Sony a7R II 42.4 MP Full-Frame Mirrorless camera is somewhat expensive, the cost is satisfactorily balanced with the features it contains which cannot be found from other cameras of the same class. For one, this camera is the world’s first full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 42.4 megapixels delivering the cleanest and the clearest pictures ever seen in the market. With its 42.4 megapixels camera, it can shoot a brilliant 4K footage in a full 35mm format, which is a very important aspect for vloggers.
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization Optimized For 42.4MP Full-Frame – The 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system is fine-tuned for high-resolution image sensors to compensate blurriness caused by five camera shake directions – vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll compared to only two in the previous systems.
- 4K Movie Recording With Full Pixel Readout and No Pixel Binning – This camera is the first to offer 4K movie recording to internal media in the full-frame format. It also provides the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format.
- 2.4-Million Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder with ZEISS T* Coating – The XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder with ZEISS T* coating lets the user see every single detail in every single scene and better yet ZEISS T* coating absolutely ensures very minimal surface reflection.
- Tilting 3″ LCD Screen High & Low-Angle Framing – The 3 inch (1,229k dots) tiltable Xtra Fine LCD Display makes it easy to capture photos over crowds, or subjects near the ground or maybe just wanting to get a different perspective.
- Easy Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC – With its built-in Wi-Fi, a user can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App where the user can control the camera, preview, and frame by utilizing a mobile device, and trigger the camera shutter or movie button.
4. Sony a6500 Mirrorless ILC Camera with 55-210mm Lens
The new Sony’s a6500 Mirrorless ILC camera packs a powerful 24.2 MP Exmor CMOS sensor with an extremely fast AF speed of 0.05 seconds and a massive 425 phase-detection AF points. The Sony a6500 camera’s compact body bears all the professional performance of a DSLR camera, and with its in-camera, 5-axis optical image stabilization for each lens and the much-improved AF features including its inbuilt and immediate touchscreen AF operation further means that the Sony a6500 provides the clearest pictures imaginable in any environment.
The bundle contains the following:
- Sony a6500 Mirrorless ILC Digital Camera
- Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS E-Mount Lens (Black)
- Sony 32GB Class 10 70MB/s SDHC Memory Card
- Tiffen 49mm UV Filter
- Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger
- Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X7 – Corel After Shot Pro 2 – Nuance OmniPage 18 – Serif PagePlus X8 – Honestech Easy Video Editor 3.0
- Focus Camera Digital SLR Camera Bag Bundle
5. Canon EOS 70D SLR CMOS 20.2MP Digital Camera Bundle
The Canon EOS 70D is a revolutionary powerhouse DSLR camera featuring a Canon new autofocus technology that unlocks the potential of Live View: Dual Pixel CMOS AF. It is the best and highly preferred professional camera for video bloggers because of its inimitable and astounding continuous autofocus feature – making all videos super sharp and not blurry – which are non-existence in all the other DSLR’s right now. Moreover, the Dual Pixel CMOS AF delivers high-speed and precise autofocus during Live View still image capture and with its Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II, it enables the user the full benefit from the freedom for shooting at an allowable angle.
- 20.2mp APS-C Cmos Sensor – a first for an EOS camera with an APS-C (22.2 x 14.8 mm Canon) sized sensor.
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Movie Servo AF
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
The bundle contains the following:
- Canon EOS 70D SLR CMOS 20.2MP Digital Camera EFS 18-135mm IS STM Lens
- 64GB Memory Card
- 67mm Circular Polarizer Polarizing Lens Filter
- Battery & Charger
- Focus DSLR Camera Accessories
- 67mm UV Protector
- Focus Flexible 10″ Spider Tripod
6. Samsung NX Mini 20.5MP CMOS Smart WiFi Camera
The Samsung NX Mini, which is by far the world’s lightest and slimmest camera measuring only 22.5 millimeters wide comes with interchangeable 9mm lens delivering optimum quality photos in rich color with its 1-inch 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor providing shots bursting with sharp detail even in low light. This slim, ultra-portable digital camera is beautifully modern with a touch of analog. It also features a 3-inch flip-up LCD touchscreen that is perfect for selfies and a Smart Wi-Fi to let you back up photos and videos and share them to social networks quickly.
- Fast Shutter Speeds – Capturing the moment with a top shutter speed of 1/16000 second and shoot continuously at 6 frames per second (FPS) for brilliant, clear stills of fast-moving action.
- Flip-Up Touch Screen – the Samsung NX mini has a full 3-inch flip-up LCD touchscreen that makes it easy for selfies and more.
- Photo Beam for Sharing Photos with One Touch – A technology which makes it a snap to share photos by simply tapping the camera on any NFC-compatible smartphone to automatically share whichever photos a user is currently viewing.
- Sending Files Using Mobile Link without Wi-Fi Connection – With NFC technology, Samsung’s Mobile Link app allows the user to hand-picked and send photos or albums to a selected smartphone or tablet, even when the user is away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, and without having to send the photos as a text message or an email.
- Recording Video in Full HD – it enables the user to shoot 1080p Full HD video in the H.264 format at 30 frames per second with lifelike color and sharp details.
- Long Battery Life – This is great for long and extended trips. It enables the user to shoot up to 650 photos or up to 325 minutes of video on a single charge.
7. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS 16MP Digital Camera
The Canon Power Shot ELPH 340 HS has a 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with DIGIC 4+ image processor (Canon HS SYSTEM) is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for on-the-go convenience and built-in NFC allowing wireless transfers of images and videos. With its powerful 12x Optical Image Stabilizer zoom, it puts you into the action from anywhere you want, ready to capture every potential subject with the quality only Canon optics can deliver. This camera also allows you to shoot remotely with any compatible smartphone or tablet to easily capture group photos and ably connect wirelessly to any compatible Android device with an easy touch using built-in NFC (Near Field Communication).
- Creative Shot Mode – The Canon Power Shot ELPH 340 HS enables the user to effortlessly make artistic photos with Creative Shot mode.
- Canon HS SYSTEM Provide Excellent Low-Light Performance – Packed in the slim body of the PowerShot ELPH 340 HS camera is the Canon HS SYSTEM, an excellent experience for tracking performance even in low light, achieve gorgeous still image quality at ISO speeds up to ISO 3200, and beautiful low-light shots that are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas.
- Capturing Stunning 1080p Full HD Video with A Dedicated Movie Button – Users can simply touch the dedicated movie button to start and stop video recording, so you’re always ready to capture the moment as it happens. It not only preserves memories in a video with spectacular realism but does it in a format that makes them easy to share.
- Smart AUTO – The PowerShot ELPH 340 HS camera automatically picks out the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
8. Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
This is another great example of an awesome, very powerful vlogging camera with interchangeable lens. As the name suggests, this Panasonic LUMIX G85MK offers well over 27 LUMIX compact lens options that are built on the next-generation interchangeable lens camera standard (Micro Four Thirds) pioneered by Panasonic. On top of it is the 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds lens with 4K-enabled video. The “mirrorless” design makes a lighter, more compact camera body that includes cutting-edge audio, video, creative controls, intelligent-focusing, wireless, gyro sensor control in-body image stabilization and exposure technologies not likely found with a traditional DSLRs. Either you’re streaming 4K video at 30p at 100 Mbps, or filming 60p Full HD at 28 Mbps, you’re about to experience the most astounding video you’ve ever taken thanks in part to the Micro Four Thirds lens that boost up the finest of the details.
- 5-Axis Gyro Sensor – The new gyro sensor boosts the image stability compensation power of the 5-Axis Body image stabilization to correct shaking of the hands for all lenses, including those of classic lenses not equipped with optical image stabilization.
- Rugged Sealed Body – The rugged designed for this camera is enough to withstand even the most demanding conditions of the environments.
- Power-Saving Eye Sensor – Extend battery life to approximately 800–900 images with a power-saving eye sensor that detects when the eye of the user moves away from the viewfinder and automatically enter Sleep mode when the sleep mode is set to 3 seconds.
- Shoot Now, Focus Later – This Panasonic exclusive POST FOCUS mode gives the user the power to review an image and touch the area to be pinpoint sharp. This enables the user the creative freedom to decide what it wants in focus, even after the shoot.
9. Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lenses
The Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera is designed with sweep panorama and anti-dust technology preventing camera lens from accumulating dirt and dust. This camera shoots DSLR-quality photos in about half the size and weight of the DSLR. The 16.1MP APS-C size sensor provides awe-inspiring stills with pro-grade defocused backgrounds coupled with a tiltable 3 inches LCD that rotates up to 180 degrees. With the built-in Wi-Fi, you can shoot and share quality photos online direct from the camera. Additionally, it also features the PlayMemories Camera Apps, the world’s first in allowing users to install new camera functions as needed.
- Photo Creativity Touch Interface – Enables users to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging minus the complicated settings. This can be done easily by using the control dial with results seen in real-time on the LCD.
- Full HD Movies at 60p/60i/24p – Capture movies in full HD1920x1080 resolution with choices of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p.
- Enhanced Tracking Focus – Continuously track a user-designated subject but is more effective in tracking people. If a designated subject turns away from the camera, face-detection tracking automatically switches to subject tracking and continues tracking.
- Auto Portrait Framing – Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in a portrait or in landscape orientation. By combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with the rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides exquisitely composed and engagingly well-balanced full resolution portraits.
- Sweep Panorama Technology – It automatically capture expansive landscapes by pressing the shutter, sweep it vertically or horizontally and the camera will do the rest by continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
- Accepts Sony® E-mount lenses – Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera is compatible with Sony’s wide selection of E-mount series of smaller, lighter lenses designed specifically for compact interchangeable lens cameras.
10. Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
The Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera possesses all that a vlogger might want in a vlogging camera. Performance-wise, it absolutely delivers top-notch picture quality and compact enough to take anywhere. It has a 20.9 MP 1″-type Exmor R CMOS sensor digital camera that also provides a 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD) plus a 3 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots. Additionally, with the ultra-fast BIONZ X processor, it adds quickness and greater accuracy for stills as well as stunning HD video.
- 20.1MP4 1-inch Exmor R Image Sensor – This back-illuminated technology doubles light sensitivity and when combined with Sony’s Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise levels, is great when shooting in dimly lit environments.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 Lens – The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused – bokeh backgrounds, especially when taken with a narrow depth of field. With a premium multi-layered T* coating, it also significantly reduces ghost and flares caused by light reflection.
- Selfie-Ready Multi-Angle 3″ Xtra Fine LCD Display – This will make selfies easier with a beautiful 3” (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. Moreover, this also makes easy photographing over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up and down approximately 180 degrees.
- Simple Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi W/ NFC – Simplified connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been streamlined with Wi-Fi/NFC control. Additionally, the DSC-RX100 III also supports NFC (near field communication) providing “touch connection” convenience when transferring images to compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
Choosing The Best Vlogging Cameras
Choosing the best vlogging camera is just the first step, the post-production processing is equally as important to your vlogging works if you want to make your vlogs to look more impressive than just the run-of-the-mill home video. Not many bloggers understand the importance of post-production processing is to their vlogs. Viewers who are not able to hear your recordings in the vlog will not spend a minuscule of time on your work. So, choose a camera type with high-performance audio recording.
- Cameras with low-light performance are the most suitable for vloggers who records videos indoor where lighting is not perfect or for shooting videos outdoor when there’s not enough sunlight.
- It is highly recommended to choose a Full HD camera with recording capabilities that can go at least up to 1080p or for especially demanding video quality, better look for 4K or “Ultra HD” cameras.
- If your creations are movements-inspired, you unquestionably need a camera that supports Optical Image Stabilization. Also with Optical Image Stabilization, unsteady videos can definitely be improved. Also, a flip screen camera will come in handy while maintaining spectacular video quality.
So if you want to bring your vlog to the next level, do some video editing without being totally overwhelmed. There is software like the Wondershare Filmora (formerly Wondershare Video Editor) that offers free trial period allowing you to try before purchasing. It’s intuitive, the well-designed interface enables anyone to become a virtuoso of the program in a couple of minutes. It has some basic functionalities in video editing that will meet most of your demands, like cropping, trimming, merging, speed adjusting, fast and/or slow motion, mosaic, and much more. In addition to the basics, there are some advanced features that will absolutely turn your video into a bit extraordinary with the slightest amount of effort, like green screen, split screen, filters and overlay effects, plus hundreds of licensed music, motion elements, transition effects, and much more.
For a learner, the software features everything needed to make you feel like a pro plus by using ergonomic keyboards for your contents and write-ups will make vlogging more enjoyable. Whether you make videos for your eCommerce store, blog or vlog, you surely are prepared now with the top 10 best vlogging cameras of 2019! Which one is your favorite?
Say CHEESE! My name is Mike and I love technology, software, and crypto. I grew up around my ‘nerdy’ engineering parents who work in high tech start-ups and space engineering businesses. They taught me everything I know, from destructing the latest phones to playing around with drones, writing lines of code and investing in cryptocurrencies. I take things apart, put them back together and add some (code). I breathe and live tech and can’t wait to teach you more on my favorite subjects!