There are many fantastic vlogging cameras in the market today, but what really is vlogging in the first place? Actually, vlogging is a combination of video and blogging. The term applies to bloggers who are adding videos to their content. This makes it more attention-grabbing and appealing to readers.
The trend in video blogging is steadily growing in its popularity. Thus without a good camera, all efforts of creating a quality video blog will just be useless. Low-quality vlogs would simply go unnoticed. Therefore a camera is the most important equipment that a vlogger ought to have.
The Basics about Vlogging Cameras
Surely enough, a basic built-in or standalone webcam would do the trick. However, quality is essential for your vlogs, so you need to invest in a standalone vlogging camera. Quality content is key.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Figure out what are your needs first. Totally, it all depends on the type of shooting you will be doing. Perhaps, you may need tripods, an audibly enhanced video, or a camcorder with low-light recording capabilities.
- If you want to mix photography and vlogging, choose a camera that can very well do both.
- If you’re a learner, you may stick to affordable and simple vlogging cameras before investing in needlessly pricey equipment.
- Whether capturing their adventurous journey or placing viewers in a first-person perspective, action cams are quite fitting. Especially for bloggers who want to vlog on the go.
Best Vlogging Cameras Comparison Tables
Here you can see a quick overview of all of the reviewed devices. I’ve given you quick links to look at the products themselves as well as a side-by-side comparison.
Best Vlogging Cameras Reviews
Below you can find the list of our in-depth reviews on the latest vlogging cameras.
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Vlogging Camera 1066C001 Bundle
Looking for the best Canon Vlogging camera for the upcoming years? The Canon G7x is unquestionably the best vlogging camera you can have right now. It comes with 12″ Flexible Tripod, SD USB Card Reader, and an SD USB Card Reader.
The bundle contains the following:
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera
- Sony 32GB UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
- Lens Cleaning Solution
- Blower Brush
- Microfiber Cloth
- Lens Tissue Paper
- 5pc Cotton Swabs
- Memory Card Wallet
- SD USB Card Reader
- Micro HDMI Cable
- Lens Pen Cleaner
- MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
- 12″ Flexible Tripod
2. Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Vlogging Camera
This Sony W800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera under 100 has a SteadyShot image stabilization that reduces blurriness. This camera has a focal length of 4.6-23 mm. It shoots, incredibly smooth videos and still images with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active mode.
It has 5x optical zoom and 10x clear image zoom. The 20.1 MP delivers optimum quality images and a maximum continuous shooting speed of 0.52FPS. This Sony Lens camera with a maximum aperture of F3.2 (W)–6.4 (T) is perfect for active vloggers or photographers.ORDER NOW
3. Sony a7R II 42.4 MP Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
Firstly, this camera is the world’s first full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 42.4 megapixels. This helps deliver the cleanest and clearest pictures ever seen on the market. Furthermore, it can shoot 4K footage in a full 35mm format, which is a very important aspect for vloggers.
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization Optimized For 42.4MP Full-Frame. This image stabilization system is fine-tuned for high-resolution image sensors to compensate for blurriness caused by five camera shake directions. This includes vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll compared to only two in the previous systems.
- 4K Movie Recording With Full Pixel Readout and No Pixel Binning.
- 2.4-Million Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder with ZEISS T* Coating; This lets the user see every single detail in the scene while also ensuring very minimal surface reflection.
- Tilting 3″ LCD Screen High & Low-Angle Framing; This advanced display makes it easy to capture photos over crowds. Also, it’s good for subjects near the ground or maybe just a different perspective.
- Easy Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC; User can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile App. With it, the user can control the camera, preview, and frame by utilizing a mobile device. You can also trigger the camera shutter or movie button.
Although the Sony a7R camera is somewhat expensive, the cost is compensated by the features it contains. It is unique among the vlogging cameras of the same class.ORDER NOW
4. Sony a6500 Mirrorless ILC Camera with 55-210mm Lens
The new Sony’s a6500 Mirrorless ILC camera packs a powerful 24.2 MP Exmor CMOS sensor with an extremely fast AF speed of 0.05 seconds and a massive 425 phase-detection AF points. The Sony a6500 camera’s compact body bears all the professional performance of a DSLR camera.
The bundle contains the following Sony Gear:
- a6500 Mirrorless ILC Digital Camera
- E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS E-Mount Lens (Black)
- 32GB Class 10 70MB/s SDHC Memory Card
Additionally, the bundle includes:
- Tiffen 49mm UV Filter
- Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger
- Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X7 – Corel After Shot Pro 2 – Nuance OmniPage 18 – Serif PagePlus X8 – Honestech Easy Video Editor 3.0
- Focus Camera Digital SLR Camera Bag Bundle
With its in-camera, 5-axis optical image stabilization for each lens and the much-improved AF features including its inbuilt and immediate touchscreen AF operation. In other words, the Sony a6500 provides the clearest pictures imaginable in any environment.ORDER NOW
5. Canon EOS 70D SLR CMOS 20.2MP Digital Camera Bundle
The Canon EOS 70D is a revolutionary powerhouse DSLR camera featuring a Canon new autofocus technology that unlocks the potential of Live View: Dual Pixel CMOS AF. It is the best and highly preferred professional camera for video bloggers because of its inimitable and astounding continuous autofocus feature.
- 20.2mp APS-C Cmos Sensor – a first for an EOS camera with an APS-C (22.2 x 14.8 mm Canon) sized sensor.
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Movie Servo AF
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
This vlogging camera also comes with the following:
- Canon EOS 70D SLR CMOS 20.2MP Digital Camera EFS 18-135mm IS STM Lens
- 64GB Memory Card
- 67mm Circular Polarizer Polarizing Lens Filter
- Battery & Charger
- Focus DSLR Camera Accessories
- 67mm UV Protector
- Focus Flexible 10″ Spider Tripod
Most importantly, making all videos super sharp and not blurry – which are non-existence in all the other DSLR’s right now. Moreover, the Dual Pixel CMOS AF delivers high-speed and precise autofocus during Live View still image capture. Also, with its Touch Screen 3.0-inch LCD monitor, it enables the user the full benefit from the freedom for shooting at an allowable angle.ORDER NOW
6. Samsung NX Mini 20.5MP CMOS Smart WiFi Vlogging Camera
The Samsung NX Mini, which is by far the world’s lightest and slimmest camera measuring only 22.5 millimeters wide comes with an interchangeable 9mm lens delivering optimum quality photos in rich color with its 1-inch 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor providing shots bursting with sharp detail even in low light.
- Fast Shutter Speeds – Capturing the moment with a top shutter speed of 1/16000 second and shoot continuously at 6 frames per second (FPS) for brilliant, clear stills of fast-moving action.
- Flip-Up Touch Screen – the Samsung NX mini has a full 3-inch flip-up LCD touchscreen that makes it easy for selfies and more.
- Photo Beam for Sharing Photos with One Touch – A technology which makes it a snap to share photos by simply tapping the camera on any NFC-compatible smartphone to automatically share whichever photos a user is currently viewing.
- Sending Files Using Mobile Link without Wi-Fi Connection – With NFC technology, Samsung’s Mobile Link app allows the user to hand-picked and send photos or albums to a selected smartphone or tablet, even when the user is away from a Wi-Fi hotspot, and without having to send the photos as a text message or an email.
- Recording Video in Full HD – it enables the user to shoot 1080p Full HD video in the H.264 format at 30 frames per second with lifelike color and sharp details.
- Long Battery Life – This is great for long and extended trips. It enables the user to shoot up to 650 photos or up to 325 minutes of video on a single charge.
This slim, ultra-portable digital camera is beautifully modern with a touch of analog. It also features a 3-inch flip-up LCD touchscreen that is perfect for selfies and a Smart Wi-Fi to let you back up photos and videos and share them to social networks quickly.ORDER NOW
7. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS 16MP Digital Vlogging Camera
The Canon Power Shot ELPH 340 HS has a 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ image processor. It is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for on-the-go convenience and built-in NFC allowing wireless transfers of images and videos.
- Creative Shot Mode – The Canon Power Shot ELPH 340 HS enables the user to effortlessly make artistic photos with Creative Shot mode.
- Canon HS SYSTEM Provide Excellent Low-Light Performance – Packed in the slim body of the PowerShot ELPH 340 HS camera is the Canon HS SYSTEM, an excellent experience for tracking performance even in low light, achieve gorgeous still image quality at ISO speeds up to ISO 3200, and beautiful low-light shots that are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas.
- Capturing Stunning 1080p Full HD Video with A Dedicated Movie Button – Users can simply touch the dedicated movie button to start and stop video recording, so you’re always ready to capture the moment as it happens. It not only preserves memories in a video with spectacular realism but does it in a format that makes them easy to share.
- Smart AUTO – The PowerShot ELPH 340 HS camera automatically picks out the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
With its powerful 12x Optical Image Stabilizer zoom, it puts you into the action from anywhere you want. The camera is always ready to capture every with the quality only Canon can deliver. Furthermore, this vlogging camera allows you to shoot remotely with any compatible smartphone or tablet to easily capture group photos and ably connect wirelessly to any compatible Android device with an easy touch using built-in NFC (Near Field Communication).ORDER NOW
8. Panasonic LUMIX G85MK 4K Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Vlogging Camera
This is another great example of an awesome, very powerful vlogging camera with an interchangeable lens. As the name suggests, this Panasonic LUMIX G85MK offers well over 27 LUMIX compact lens options that are built on the next-generation interchangeable lens camera standard (Micro Four Thirds) pioneered by Panasonic.
On top of it is the 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds lens with 4K-enabled video. The “mirrorless” design makes a lighter, more compact camera body that includes cutting-edge audio, video, creative controls, intelligent-focusing, wireless, gyro sensor control in-body image stabilization and exposure technologies not likely found with a traditional DSLRs.
- 5-Axis Gyro Sensor – The new gyro sensor boosts the image stability compensation power of the 5-Axis Body image stabilization to correct shaking of the hands for all lenses, including those of classic lenses not equipped with optical image stabilization.
- Rugged Sealed Body – The rugged designed for this camera is enough to withstand even the most demanding conditions of the environments.
- Power-Saving Eye Sensor – Extend battery life to approximately 800–900 images with a power-saving eye sensor that detects when the eye of the user moves away from the viewfinder and automatically enter Sleep mode when the sleep mode is set to 3 seconds.
- Shoot Now, Focus Later – This Panasonic exclusive POST FOCUS mode gives the user the power to review an image and touch the area to be pinpoint sharp. This enables the user the creative freedom to decide what it wants in focus, even after the shoot.
Whether you’re streaming 4K video at 30p at 100 Mbps, or filming 60p Full HD at 28 Mbps, you’re about to experience the most astounding video you’ve ever taken thanks in part to the Micro Four Thirds lens that boost up the finest of the details. Absolutely a good vlogging camera choice!ORDER NOW
9. Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Vlogging Camera with 18-55mm Lenses
The Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera is designed with sweep panorama and anti-dust technology preventing camera lens from accumulating dirt and dust.
This camera shoots DSLR-quality photos in about half the size and weight of the DSLR. The 16.1MP APS-C size sensor provides awe-inspiring stills with pro-grade defocused backgrounds coupled with a tiltable 3 inches LCD that rotates up to 180 degrees.
- Photo Creativity Touch Interface – Enables users to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging minus the complicated settings. This can be done easily by using the control dial with results seen in real-time on the LCD.
- Full HD Movies at 60p/60i/24p – Capture movies in full HD1920x1080 resolution with choices of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p.
- Enhanced Tracking Focus – Continuously track a user-designated subject but is more effective in tracking people. If a designated subject turns away from the camera, face-detection tracking automatically switches to subject tracking and continues tracking.
- Auto Portrait Framing – Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in a portrait or in landscape orientation. By combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with the rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides exquisitely composed and engagingly well-balanced full resolution portraits.
- Sweep Panorama Technology – It automatically capture expansive landscapes by pressing the shutter, sweep it vertically or horizontally and the camera will do the rest by continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
- Accepts Sony® E-mount lenses – Sony NEX-5RK/B 16.1 MP Mirrorless Digital Camera is compatible with Sony’s wide selection of E-mount series of smaller, lighter lenses designed specifically for compact interchangeable lens cameras.
In addition, with the built-in Wi-Fi, you can shoot and share quality photos online direct from the camera. Additionally, it also features the PlayMemories Camera Apps, the world’s first in allowing users to install new camera functions as needed.ORDER NOW
10. Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Vlogging Camera
This vlogging camera has a 20.9 MP 1″-type Exmor R CMOS sensor digital camera that also provides a 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD) plus a 3 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots. Additionally, with the ultra-fast BIONZ X processor, it adds quickness and greater accuracy for stills as well as stunning HD video.
- 20.1MP4 1-inch Exmor R Image Sensor – This back-illuminated technology doubles light sensitivity and when combined with Sony’s Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise levels, is great when shooting in dimly lit environments.
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 Lens – The lens is perfect for portraits and macro shots with beautiful defocused – bokeh backgrounds, especially when taken with a narrow depth of field. With a premium multi-layered T* coating, it also significantly reduces ghost and flares caused by light reflection.
- Selfie-Ready Multi-Angle 3″ Xtra Fine LCD Display – This will make selfies easier with a beautiful 3” (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display that rotates in multiple angles. Moreover, this also makes easy photographing over crowds or low to capture pets eye to eye by swinging up and down approximately 180 degrees.
- Simple Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi W/ NFC – Simplified connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been streamlined with Wi-Fi/NFC control. Additionally, the DSC-RX100 III also supports NFC providing “touch connection” convenience when transferring images to compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
The Sony DSC-RX100M III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera possesses all that a vlogger might want in a vlogging camera. Performance-wise, it absolutely delivers top-notch picture quality and compact enough to take anywhere.ORDER NOW
Best Vlogging Cameras Buying Guide
Choosing one of the best vlogging cameras is just the first step. The post-production processing is equally as important to your vlogging works. If you want to make your vlogs to look more impressive than just the run-of-the-mill home video.
Not many bloggers understand the importance of post-production processing is to their vlogs. Viewers who are unable to hear your recordings in the vlog will not spend much time on your work. So, choose a camera type with high-performance audio recording.
- Vlogging Cameras with low-light performance is the most suitable for vloggers who record videos in suboptimal environments.
- A FullHD camera with at least 1080p or even 4K UHD recording capability for reduced compression losses is highly advisable.
- If your creations are movements-inspired, you unquestionably need a camera that supports Optical Image Stabilization. Additionally, with Optical Image Stabilization, unsteady videos can definitely be improved. Also, a flip screen camera will come in handy while maintaining spectacular video quality.
Best Vlogging Cameras FAQ
Below the most frequently asked questions from vloggers and filmers alike, on the features and equipment needed to become a successful vlogger.
What other equipment is needed for vlogging?
Apart from vlogging cameras, you would also need things such as a good microphone, some stands, and stabilizers to make sure the recording has high production value. If you decide to invest, getting a drone could be a huge plus for recording B-roll footage as well.
Can you vlog with your phone?
It’s more than possible, and it’s recommended to use it as a backup or for B-roll footage. However, smartphones don’t hold up like specialized vlogging cameras. The sensors on them wear and tear a lot faster than dedicated camera electronics.
Is vlogging a worthwhile investment?
Almost definitely. Furthermore, vlogs are a very effective way to build an audience. That, in and of itself, does not generate revenue, but it’s a gateway to new opportunities. It could be anything from selling some sort of product to building your own brand.
Starting your Vlog
Vlogging has become a lot more commonplace in the past couple of years. The sheer accessibility that gear like vlogging cameras provide makes it a very lucrative pursuit. Over the years, the vlogging age has gone down a lot and as children start looking at www.youtube.com for their daily amusement fix, this is an ever-growing market.
Making quality vlogs isn’t set and done with just getting a good camera, there are other important aspects, such as creative direction, editing, consistency and the use of humor. However, good gear will give you an edge above many others and I can guarantee you, it makes the vlogging life much easier.
Thus if you’re looking for a new creative outlet or are looking to start some sort of brand, picking up a vlogging camera and start shooting some clips! Feel free to share your vlogs or channel in the comments below, happy to give you feedback on your use of vlogging equipment or improvements you could use for your channel!
SAY CHEESE! My name is Mike and I love technology, software, and crypto. I grew up around my ‘nerdy’ engineering parents who’ve worked for high tech start-ups and aerospace companies. They’ve taught me everything I know, from destructing the latest phones to playing around with drones, writing lines of code and investing in cryptocurrencies. I take things apart, put them back together and add some (code). I breathe and live tech and can’t wait to teach you more!