If you’ve been looking for a way to releasing your inner James Bond character, then consider buying spy cameras and mind you, the smallest of the spy cameras are very good in spying on people or your valuable properties without being seen.
Disguised as ordinary things such as clocks/watches, outlets, pens, necklaces, or incorporated into other much newer technologies, spy cameras have been making huge progress over the past couple of years.
Today, there’s such a wide variety of spy camera products to choose from for your every specific purpose and for any situation. Some people use these spy cameras to spy on family members, co-workers, nannies, and others who use them to protect against the home or car invaders.
These might be the most common uses of a spy camera, but they’re also frequently used for outdoor fun and also great for filming pranks or to film (and hopefully improve because of it) your workout routines. Either way, the current spy camera’s on the market have a full range of capabilities and below our best selection of cameras, all fully tested and reviewed by me.
The Best Spy Cameras on the Market Today
In this section, we first feature the tiniest, smallest and most secret mini hidden cameras on the market today. Below a quick-overview comparison table of the smallest spy camera’s with in-depth reviews of each.
Best Mini Spy Cameras Comparison Table
Smallest Spy Cameras In-depth Reviews
We have purchased, tested and reviewed our favorite and tiniest Spy Cameras you can buy online, below our top selection sorted by the best bang for your buck!
1. FREDI Hidden 1080P HD Mini Wireless WiFi Spy Camera
Wow, this camera is tiny! I initially had doubts that it would work but it’s actually super easy to use. The only caveat is you have to wait to use the USB with a computer to review the footage as there is no live-stream, but hey, that’s to be expected with a camera as tiny as this. It comes with brackets, clips, sling, manual, card reader, magnet mirror and USB cable which make it easy to use in many different situations.
- Size: The hidden camera is the smallest portable pocket body camera as it’s approximately thumb-sized with 0.87in, 0.7oz cube.
- Motion detection: This tiny camera supports Micro SD card with MIN 4GB and MAX 32GB. Motion Detection only records when detecting movement, which makes it easier to save storage space than other spy cameras.
- Loop Recording: Once the memory reaches full capacity, it will automatically cover the oldest video on files. It can also record and charge simultaneously that you will never worry about running out of battery power.
- Battery Life: High and long capacity battery included and can work around 50 mins after being fully charged. While charging it can work around the clock, 24/7.
Overall, taking into account the very affordable price as well as the many features, this is my favorite choice. It is super easy to use, as you just insert one micro SD card to start recording. Additionally, it has many accessories that make this spy camera a jack-of-all-trades and perfect to record in the small hidden detective-like situations, as well as perfect for around the clock security at your office or home.
This one is Technolocheese vetted and approved, and perfectly fitted and affordable for the money in your pocket.ORDER NOW
2. Relohas HD 1080P Wireless Mini Spy Camera Wireless with Live Streaming
Amazing camera! This is a discrete camera that you can put in a location that will take time for anyone to notice or figure out what it is. The quality of the camera is close to the iPhone camera quality, and it almost feels like facetime. Imagine you took an iPhone, turned it on facetime, and left it 24/7 so you could see it on your phone.
Only this one has night-vision, motion detection, as well as 4 recording modes which make this spy cameras one-of-its-kind, as the other cameras in this list do not have these capabilities.
- Remote Controlled Livestreaming with App: The Relohas portable mini spy camera could 24/7 live-stream your footage from anywhere in the world as it works anywhere where there is a WiFi signal or cellular service.
- Size: The cam is separated from the fuselage, with just 0.79 in, 1.41oz, the cube has a zoom function and the camera can extend 8.47in.
- Four detection modes:
- 1) Full-Time Recording Mode: Insert the micro sd card, this mini cam will auto turn on 24-hour loop recording mode without wifi.
- 2) Timed Recording Mode: The camera just records within a preset time period.
- 3) Motion detection Recording Mode: Mini camera just records when it detects moving objects.
- 4) Phone Recording: Click the “Video‘” button to turn on/off the recording.
- Motion Detection Alarm with Picture: When going out, set the camera to warn by message & images to your phone when motion is detected.
- Night Vision: See below for an image of the night vision quality, taken from my phone.
Overall, this is one of the best mini spy cameras you can get on the market today. I’ve ranked it on the second spot, because it is slightly more expensive than the others, however with night-vision, and 4 recording modes, I think this is your best option if you’re looking for a slightly more sophisticated spy camera that will last you a long time!ORDER NOW
3. Avioco HD 1080P Mini Hidden Camera WiFi Wireless Spy Camera
This is another great little camera I’ve researched and tested, in multiple different ‘spying’ settings. It’s not directly a plug-and-play but very easy to set up and only requires the user to read and follow steps as directed into the product’s manual.
It’s a quick and simple setup and the settings are easy to configure to your specific preferences. The app allows for quick and simple use of the camera’s live feed, WiFi access, snapshots and use of the many available features.
- Remote Monitoring: After this small spy camera connected to the wifi and you can use your phone, tablet or PC to watch a live-feed of the spy camera, without any limit of distance.
- Motion Detection Alarm with Picture: After you turned on alarm settings, every time the hidden camera detects any movements and it will push notifications with 3 instant snapshots of the situation to your phone, to let you know what’s going on in your home for real-time.
- Bendable Camera: The camera lens can be bend to fit anywhere you need, to record in the most inconvenient or impossible to reach places.
- Size: It is the smallest wifi spy camera on this list, and therefore it can be used as a body camera to put in your suit’s jacket or pocket.
This one is truly small, and if you are really looking for a mini camera that goes unnoticed, this is your best bet. I placed it in the third position because of its higher price point and has fewer features than the previously reviewed spy camera. However, when you are in need to play detective, this one will keep you in perfect stealth mode.ORDER NOW
4. Shadow Recorder Mini Spy Hidden Camera-Pen
This is another great little camera I’ve researched and tested, in multiple different ‘spying’ settings. It’s not directly a plug-and-play but very easy to set up and only requires the user to read and follow steps as directed into the product’s manual. It’s a quick and simple setup and the settings are easy to configure to your specific preferences. The app allows for quick and simple use of the camera’s live feed, WiFi access, snapshots and use of the many available features.
- Video Camera: Multiple video recording resolutions available for longer recording or better video quality.
- Built-in Microphone: It is a mini DV camera, microphone built-in; supports snapshot and TV output.
- Battery Life: Built-in 650mAh battery which supports up to 3.5 hours continuous video recording. The charging time is 3 hours and you can record while you charge.
- High Memory: 32GB Micro SD Card.
What I love about this one is that it has a built-in microphone, perfect for recording conversations at work, with family or with friends. You can put it casually in the pocket of your suits, and it looks like you’re just wearing a pen. Otherwise, it fits great (and is less obvious) when you put it in your trouser pocket if you just want to record audio. With its extremely low price, this spy camera pen with audio-recording is my number 4 on the list.ORDER NOW
5. Taozhi HD 1080P Mini Spy Wireless Security Camera with Motion Detection
This little camera does exactly what the description says it does. It’s simple to set up and operate. The tiny camera is really small and not noticeable if you wear dark color clothes. They also included a few button-liked things to cover the actual lens to go even more unnoticed. The night vision works well and when putting it on your computer you get a crystal clear image.
- High Memory Card: The camera could support 128G micro SD memory cards, can store up to 4 months of video files, all recorded video files could be remotely downloaded, played or deleted by a mobile phone app.
- Lens Buttons: This spy cam come with 9 different style DIY lens buttons.
- Rechargeable Battery Life: Built-in rechargeable 600mAh lithium battery that can record for up to 140 minutes. Besides, the camera also could be charged by a portable power source for continuous recording.
- Warranty: 12-month warranty and lifetime support.
I also love this product because it has 9 different lenses which allow you to change settings easily without being noticed. It has all the features you would want in a spy camera and has the most amount of memory it can hold from this list, for up to 128MB, which means you can store up to 4 months of video file recordings! Additionally, it has a warranty which gives you peace of mind when buying this camera.ORDER NOW
Best Spy Camera’s for at Home Comparison Table
In this section, we will feature spy cameras that are still very small, however slightly bigger than the ones featured on the top section. These spy cameras have a better purpose for staying in one place within a room, car or outdoors. Find a comparison table first, followed by in-depth reviews of each.
At Home Spy Cameras In-depth Reviews
I’ve purchased, tested and reviewed our favorite Spy Cameras for at home, not necessarily the smallest, but with different capabilities for at home or office recording when you do not need to move your camera around.
Ruttru HD Indoor 2.4G Hidden Spy Camera Security Surveillance System for Home
For such a tiny camera, it takes some great pictures whether in well lit or in darker areas due to the night vision. The camera automatically adjusts to the lighting and keeps on recording, including audio. It also has a motion sensor and body recognition and can be set to send an alarm to your phone if someone enters the area.
- Infrared Night Vision: In the case of plenty of light or darkness, the camera automatically recognizes and adjusts to the appropriate shooting mode and records HD video, whether night or day.
- Human Recognition Mode: When the human form is recognized, the camera will automatically send an alarm message to your phone. There will be no alarm triggered if there is a motion detected that is not human (your pets for example).
- Remote Monitoring: When the camera is successfully connected to your wifi network, you can watch the surveillance video in real-time whenever you install the monitoring software on your mobile phone or PC.
Overall, this is my favorite choice when you want an affordable, well-rounded camera to protect your properties that can record for long hours and has an amazing recording quality and light-adjustment. If you can place this mini camera in a place where people do not easily look, and you do not have to move around, this is the best investment you’ll make this year.ORDER NOW
Qouya Energy Socket Wireless Hidden Spy Camera
What’s great about this hidden camera is that it is hidden in a USB charging energy socket. No need for hiding this camera because it hides in plain sight. You can tell your family member you bought a USB charging socket for their mobile phone and little do they know, the whole room is recorded. Even from far away, you would never know there is a camera hiding inside.
This camera is very easy to install; as well as the app for it. It took me around 10 minutes to figure out the whole process following the easy-to-read instructions.
- Plug and Play Spy Camera Charger: A HD 1080P spy cam is concealed in what looks like a normal charger, which makes this mini camera easier to hide and not noticeable for the customer who wants to monitor their home security.
- Motion Detection: You can easily adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection on this camera so that with pets, you can put the level on less sensitivity so that I’ll only start recording when humans enter the room.
- Remote Livestream: Through the mobile app, you can live-stream this camera through your wifi network, from anywhere in the world on your mobile phone. Whether on a business trip or out while the children are at home, this is a great option.
- 1-Year Warranty: To give you extra peace of mind, you get a 1-year warranty.
This camera has all you want when you intend to record in an at-home situation where you have access to energy sockets that are in places where they can record with a good view. Not all homes have their sockets placed in convenient places to record, but if you do, this is a great and affordable option, with a phone charger included!ORDER NOW
Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera with cloud storage
A great feature of the latest release of the Blink security camera is the free cloud storage, there is no camera kit that offers this. The battery-life supposedly lasts two years but I have yet to wait that long to tell you if that is true.
I recognize the camera now supports 2-way audio but I don’t see how that will work since typically you are notified after the video is made. There are many mixed reviews on this camera but in general, it works great for me and the team behind it seems to be handling the customer support exceptionally.
- Free Cloud Storage: Keep all your video recordings stored up to a year with no monthly fees or service contract required.
- Two-way Adio: You can talk to visitors through the mobile app.
- Outdoor Usage: You can mount this camera inside or outside for a complete home security system as it can withstand all weather.
This is a great choice if you want to supplement your home security system with a product that has a long-lasting battery, the ability to talk to visitors and a system that can be used inside and outdoors, and can be synced with other camera’s of the same company and managed through their app in one place. However, it is more expensive and if you are looking for a spy camera, this is not the one as it is very visible.ORDER NOW
Best Spying Cameras Memory Disks
When I decided to do these spying camera reviews, I immediately bought a bunch of memory cards for spy cameras to test similarly, and the best one is featured here.
Of all the memory disk I have tested and used, the SanDisk memory card is the best one for your spying cameras. With capacities from as little as 16GB up to 512GB to record and store hours of Full HD video and up to 100MB/s transfer read speeds, this is the easiest (and cheapest) memory disk you can get.ORDER NOW
Spy Camera Buying Guide
Below the key features to consider when buying a new spy camera. There are many different varieties out there, and you need to decide for yourself which one suits your situation best. Here some of the tips to consider when buying a new spy cam.
Camera Size and Design
Spy cameras come in a variety and unique in every aspect of designs far beyond just a simple camera. Choose a camera that looks natural and blends in well with its surroundings. As you have noticed in the reviews, some come in energy sockets or as a spycam, where others are so small you can put them behind a button on your shirt.
Spy Camera Audio Recording Microphone
There are two major recording choices you can choose, self-recording and wireless streaming. Self-recording uses internal memory or an SD card where you can save all your videos and photos, and wireless streaming options allow you to view your videos and photos in real-time via a secure website or smartphone app.
Spy Gear Weight and Size
Weight and size are two important factors in making up your decision in choosing the perfect spy camera. Surely, you want a spy camera small enough to be stealthily hidden on your person and portable and lightweight enough to be worn conveniently and comfortably or ruggedly enough for home security, whether inside or outdoors.
Spy Camera Battery life
Battery life and battery type also play an important role in choosing your spy camera. Although it will vary from model to model, the best option will totally depend on your needs and personal preferences.
Important Features of your Camera
Fairly notable influences are night vision capabilities and motion detection. Night vision is a feature that allows viewing of videos and photos taken in low-light, great for home security. Motion detection is also great for home and business security especially those that can push a message on your phone when motion is detected.
It’s always been a good idea to have a set of electronic spy cameras in your home when a nanny is taking care of your children or seeing to it that your personal belongings at home are properly taken care of when you were away.
Before making any purchases, it is very important to look first the best spy camera for your specific needs and since these cameras are using several different technologies, you must also consider the specifications of each product.
Frequently Asked Questions on Spy Cameras
Below the most frequent asked questions on spy cameras that my readers have sent in so you do not have to reach out to me and it’ll save you some time. Only if you really want to say hi, here’s my email for any questions or advice.
What is a spy camera?
A spy camera also called a secret hidden camera or security camera is a video camera to record people without them knowing they are being recorded. A spy camera often used to keep your belongings secure, catch people or animals wrongdoing or as a nanny cam for the nanny or children. The best smallest cameras can be found in these extensive reviews on spy cameras.
Are hidden spy cameras illegal?
It is completely legal to record with a hidden spy camera in your home or property without the consent of the people you intend to record. However, it is illegal to record with a spy camera in places where there is a reason to expect the privacy of the people you want to record, like a classroom, gym or office. You can always counsel a lawyer if you are unsure if it is legal to record with a spy cam.
How can I detect a spy camera?
There are multiple ways to detect a spy camera, in short: First, check obvious electronics or your smoke detectors where the camera could be hidden, and listen for a quiet buzzing or clicking noise to detect a recording device. Secondly, look for objects placed in unusual places or wires running in places they were not before. Lastly, when it is dark, use a flashlight to see if you can find a reflection of the small mirror inside the camera.
Get your Spying Game On
Spy cameras come in all forms, shapes, and sizes these days, but of course, a spy camera’s quality will differ from camera to camera. It is only incumbent upon yourself to choose the spy camera that best fits your preferences and requirements.
Spy cameras, as the name suggests and very much unlike some wearable technology, such as smart glasses, tend to be a lot more discreet than other cameras and can secretly record or take pictures without the knowledge of anyone in range of the camera.
A spy camera will either be small or it will be etched into an object such as a toy, to avoid suspicion, unlike smartwatches and smart glasses that are visible.
Either way, they are here to provide you with the ease of mind you need! Now you do not only know what kind of spy camera to look for but what spy cameras might have been watching you…
Either way, if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll answers them as fast as a spy cam can record!
SAY CHEESE! My name is Mike and I love technology, software, and crypto. I grew up around my ‘nerdy’ engineering parents who’ve worked for high tech start-ups and aerospace companies. They’ve taught me everything I know, from destructing the latest phones to playing around with drones, writing lines of code and investing in cryptocurrencies. I take things apart, put them back together and add some (code). I breathe and live tech and can’t wait to teach you more!