In today’s modern technology-driven world everyone needs to be updated on every new trend of innovative modern conveniences. To keep abreast with the constant changes that have become life’s basics today. Especially with the trend of the car tracking device.
Today even security and navigation for vehicles are being equipped with every imaginable convenient technology upgrades that don’t only make navigation automated but also more accurate thus making motorists safer. Reducing if not altogether removing the necessity for cumbersome paper road maps and navigational charts which sometimes can be misread. Leading the driver into the wrong routes, and cause them accidents.
Exploring an unknown territory nowadays is not that intimidating anymore because GPS car trackers or GPS tracking devices make navigation precise and detailed. The best car tracking device can optimize road safety. Also, installing a GPS car tracking device app on your personal and business vehicles will guaranty the safety of your loved ones, workers, vehicles, and business.
Making every unknown destination and location reachable and trackable via the most efficient and safest drive.
Quick Overview of the Best Car Trackers Compared
Car Tracking Devices with Monthly Subscription Plan
Car Tracking Devices without Monthly Fee and Simcard
GPS Car Tracking Devices In-Depth Reviews
To help you in your search for car tracking device best buy here is a mix of Cellular Tracking, Wireless Passive Tracking, Satellite-Based Tracking GPS systems in a range of prices and features. These can provide your requirements of car tracking device for elderly, car tracking device with audio and car tracking device with or no monthly fee. Every one of these car tracking device system apps we make sure provides optimum vehicle tracking, navigation and security all at the right range of cost.
- Personal GPS for reliable tracking of people, vehicles, and/or assets
- Ultra-compact design | 100% Waterproof | Built-in Super Strength...
- USA, CANADA, & MEXICO COMPATIBLE — Our GPS vehicle tracker currently...
- LOW MONTHLY COST — $19.50/month for cellular network that transports...
- GPS TRACKER FOR VEHICLES. 4G LTE DEVICE. NO MONTHLY FEE, One-time...
- VYNCS ADVANTAGES. No Battery needed, powered by OBD. Vehicle DTC...
- $8 Monthly Service Includes
- Realtime Driving Data
- Simple to use - start tracking in minutes | Email & text alerts |...
- $6.99 a month (prepaid annual) or $12.99 a month (paid monthly) for...
No products found.
- 【SIM card】 -- Just like a cell phone, our real-time GPS tracker...
- 【Global Locate GPS Tracker】this gps tracker work based on GPS...
Best Car Tracking Device Buying Guide
Almost every day innovative technological devices get introduced into the global consumers market. Most of the times these devices are extraordinary, remarkable and deviate from what we are accustomed to, that we often are consumed by alarmed curiosity. Making us come up with skeptical questions, which at some point question the audacity of the mind that thought up the design or the idea.
Until we are satisfied with its usefulness and start to entertain the idea of taking advantage of the conveniences it can deliver. Here are the most frequently asked questions about GPS tracking devices and apps, answered and elaborated for your convenience. We know time is precious in keeping up with how the world we are living in today functions.
1. What are the best features of a topnotch GPS car tracking device?
The best GPS car tracker must be able to provide maximum security features by being almost 100% accurate and reliable in pinpointing directions and locations. Its application should be easy to use and navigation must be fully supported by Google maps. It should be compact enough to be easily hidden anywhere and weatherproof so it is able to store data for long periods even if it’s installed on the car’s exterior. It must be versatile so as to be fully functional with both Android and iPhone apps.
2. Where is the best place to secretly install a GPS tracker on a car?
Unsuspecting eyes should not be able to easily detect a secretly installed GPS tracking device in a car. But it must be in a position where it’s antenna will be fully functional. So it can send and receive fully detailed signal to accurately pinpoint locations and destinations.
3. How much does a car tracking device cost?
The best deal GPS car tracker purchase should cost you around $175 – $200. This should include real-time tracking via software or email. Plus able to store recorded data of up to a year’s worth, to optimize route and locations recall of prior months, at a maximum of 365 days. Data notification also must be reasonably regular, to include timely and periodic updates of the location of whatever you’re tracking; like every 60 seconds, 30 seconds, or even 10 seconds at the closest interval.
The most basic GPS car tracking device system could be as cheap as $50. At this price range, your cheap car tracking device will only be able to send real-time tracking accurately for locations and direction and will have limited data recall. Some are not stand-alone devices and may need a mobile phone or a mobile device to receive or read data. Most of these cheap GPS car trackers
4. Are car tracker device app installation offered by car dealerships?
Whether you want a GPS car tracking device installed in your car or not; most car dealerships today secretly install car trackers on financed vehicles. Many individuals with bad credit try to repurchase cars via financing. Whether they really need the car and plan to fully pay their car loan this time or they just want another crime to add to their growing list.
Car dealerships feel a little bit secure with the knowledge that they could easily trace these vehicles in case these go missing. If you want a secret car tracking device installed with your consent and knowledge you can always ask them. Most are capable and equipped to install GPS trackers and would willingly provide your request even if you have no intention of going missing with their vehicle and them know it.
5. Are GPS tracker only available with monthly data subscriptions?
There are several data options available for car tracking devices; much like data options for our mobile devices and phones. You can have a choice from postpaid monthly or annual subscriptions with contracts, contract-free pre-paid 1 time annual fee without monthly billing, cancel anytime monthly pre-paid plan without contract, all in GPS tracker device deal with pre-paid 1 year, 6 months or 3 months data worth renewable at lower or higher cost depending on the number of months or weeks you opt to purchase
6. Can a car GPS system help locate a missing car?
Car tracking devices can locate stolen or lost vehicles in relatively easy ways, car trackers are what are known as Global Positioning Systems (GPS) devices designed to track movements and determine its location. Locating vehicles using GPS tracking device can be done in two ways. Via an active GPS device which tracks a car’s movement by recording data from various positions and then transmit the information back to a computer with the help of a cellular network. And via a passive GPS device, which is quite complicated to use, as passive devices must be removed first from the vehicle to download its information into a computer to determine a vehicle’s past positions. Passive GPS devices are great for determining the vehicle’s travel history but not for pinpointing a vehicle’s current location.
7. Is putting a secret tracking device on someone’s car illegal?
GPS tracking device is generally legal to use if: you or your company or partnerships own the vehicle or asset you want to track. You own the asset that you fear might be intentionally taken without your permission. Your children’s safety (who are under 18) are the focus of installed secret car tracking device. The purpose is for legal repossession of a vehicle or asset in the event of a default on a loan. Moreso a GPS tracking device is generally illegal to use if: you are not the rightful owner of the car and are not legally entitled to any authority to track it. You are attempting to track someone with a secretly installed GPS tracking device in their own car.
8. Is there a way to find out if your car is bugged?
Yes, it’s easy to find if there’s a car tracker installed in your car. Even the best buy car tracking device can be easily discovered if you know where these are usually installed. Go online and search for ways to find a GPS car tracker secretly mounted in your car. Type into the search bar how to install car tracking device and you can come up with a lot of choices, the most basic there is: Grab a flashlight and your car’s or vehicle’s owner manual.
The best even the cheapest trackers are fairly substantial magnetic boxes. First, check the undercarriage, where commonly is the safest in terms of weatherproofing to install a magnetic car tracking device. You have to get on your back and shine your flashlight onto the underside where an under-car tracking device can be secretly mounted. Next to inspect is the wheel well. Then the inside of bumpers. The easiest to inspect is the roof so you can leave that towards the end and you can check the hood last.
GPS Car Tracking Device Capabilities and Features to Consider
GPS based vehicle tracking system basic features to consider to help you choose the most suitable product for your needs and budget. The line of car tracking devices Amazon carries have a range of best sellers with optimum features like the ones listed below.
- Capable of accurate and reliable real-time tracking of a vehicle’s location as it moves from point to point on a map along with the vehicle speed. While also fully equipped with map markers to show the vehicle’s current state like moving, parked since or idle.
- Able to track the full trip history made by the vehicle graphically on the map, delivering all pertinent information such as idling, stoppages, engine time, average speed and kilometers traveled. Must also be able to provide over speeding and overdrive stretches highlights on the map. And able to replay prior trips made, which is valuable for both chauffeur-driven car owners and business fleet owners.
- Fully functional alert systems which are also very useful vehicle tracking system features. these include start of day alert, over speeding alert, excessive stoppage alert, and route deviation alert very insightful when analyzing driver behavior to help optimize workforce and fuel usage. In addition, several types of alerts like tampering, idling, stoppage, over-speeding can be configured as needed. Maintenance alerts and fuel pilferage alerts are generally basic for personal car users.
- Basically versatile, capable of anytime anywhere access. Today’s world interconnectivity is the key where any and every information is available at everyone’s fingertips. The best car tracking device app system should be fully accessible on the web and a smartphone. Very important for parents installing GPS trackers to monitor school bus or chauffeur driven cars carrying their children in real-time anywhere they are currently located in the world.
- Provided with user-friendly easy to use interface, like a simple and intuitive user interface but still packed with powerful features like multi-person access using only a single account, ability to report real-time and historical bird’s eye view of the entire fleet or full-body view of a vehicle.
- Easy installation feature should be optimum because ease of installation and maintenance is an important consideration. A car tracking device best buy should provide you with a compact device, you can discreetly install under the dashboard. Those with OBD connectors that support plug and play solutions are better choices. Compatibility with almost all different car or vehicle models is also an important factor.
- Capable of the geo-fencing configuration so you can customize an alert when the vehicle or car enter or exits the geographical boundaries (Geofences) you create on the map around a landmark. Increasing, optimizing, elevating operational, workforce and security and safety efficiency levels.
- Highly capacitive in storing historical reports and dashboard summary over long periods to increase business ROI especially with large fleets. Where the comprehensive graphical reports these GPS tracking devices solutions equipped with enterprise dashboard deliver can boost the overall metrics that will matter most for your business performance.
Types of Car Tracking Systems
There are three kinds of car tracking systems available today; these are cellular, wireless passive and satellite real-time. Here is a brief outlay of the pros and cons.
Cellular Car Tracking
The cheapest of the three systems. Initial set up cost is definitely lesser than the other two. This type of system utilizes cellular transmission to transmit the information every ten or fifteen minutes depending on the monthly service cost option you get. These could be, unfortunately, slightly late for some. The information is broadcasted over the internet using an accompanying software application. This type of system is an ongoing expense and not a one-time payment.
Wireless Passive Tracking for Cars
These systems are available as one-off payment deals. Install the system, then set up, and it will be in place for no further fees. However, it can be initially an expensive set up to install. The reason it needs dual components; hardware and software to be installed, in addition to the creation of a database. The problem is, only when the vehicle has returned to the depot or garage can information be retrieved from the database of this tracking system. This system recently, however, has some upgrades with additional modems capable of displaying real-time information making the system more detailed. Most businesses prefer this system because this doesn’t retain a monthly fee.
Satellite-Based GPS Car Tracking
The system, that while not as detailed as the other two systems; this system provides a solution around the entire country. Trucking and shipping companies are the ones who opt for this system. This is slightly an expensive system because of the monthly fees for data subscriptions, but these can vary depending on the amount of detailed information the company wishes to be provided.
GPS Vehicle Tracker Setup and Installation
The installation process of a GPS tracking system is fairly simple, but if you’re not that handy with electrical connections, hire a professional:
- First, decide which power source to use. There are two power sources that are commonly used in car tracking devices. One is dedicated batteries, the other is the battery of your vehicle. Usually, opting to use the vehicle’s battery to power a car tracking device needs a professional for the installation. The easiest option is to buy a dedicated power source which will make the installation process easier, which everyone can do. All will be needed are a GPS device, a weatherproof magnet-resistant case you will use to house it.
- The second step, with the dedicated batteries, use the battery cell to feed power into your under-car tracking device or magnetic car tracker. Place the powered and active device into the case. Then choose the area where you want your device to be placed with the least possibility of it being discovered by anyone.
- Third, is to test the now installed device by taking your car out for a short drive. Record or take note of the speed, location, and stop timings. After your short drive check if the case is still safely tucked in the place where you put it. Then using your computer or mobile phone check the data collected by the GPS tracking device against your manually collected notes. The GPS device is successfully installed when the data matches.
Car Tracker FAQ
What usually is involved in installing a car tracking device on a vehicle?
Car tracking devices that are capable of useful, informative vehicle tracking are designed with a vehicle tracking software and a vehicle tracking unit which will be mounted in the vehicle. Typically these are installed under the seat or dash and should be out of reach of the driver. These devices come in two types; cellular GPS or satellite GPS and should be capable of real-time vehicle tracking.
Which is best, the cellular GPS or the satellite GPS? What is the difference between the two?
Both these types behave more or less in the same manner. Both provide GPS information but between the two, the cost of GPS messages over cellular is cheaper than through satellite. Cellular devices though cannot send data in areas where no cellular data coverage is available. If your routes do not have proper cellular network coverage, then the best option is to use car tracking devices that use satellite GPS systems.
What happens when my vehicle with a cellular system drives out of cellular coverage?
Most units are equipped with built-in logic to sense cellular coverage availability in an area. Their systems automatically store GPS message during the time out of coverage.
Is a system with a mix of device types available?
Yes. Mix device types are available and you can even access them with different accounts all at once. The systems can handle seamless integration which boosts the convenience that these types of devices offer.
Will I need a professional installer?
It will depend on the type of car tracking device system you choose. A basic vehicle electrical knowledge is enough to handle the installation of most units. Installation guides are provided. If and when a professional installer will be needed there are installers around any location you can contract directly. Just search for the list of installers for car tracking device near me. Most will charge $75 and $150 or its equivalent depending on your geographic location.
SAY CHEESE! My name is Mike and I love technology, software, and crypto. I grew up around my ‘nerdy’ engineering parents who’ve worked for high tech start-ups and aerospace companies. They’ve taught me everything I know, from destructing the latest phones to playing around with drones, writing lines of code and investing in cryptocurrencies. I take things apart, put them back together and add some (code). I breathe and live tech and can’t wait to teach you more!