When you want to have peace of mind that your children are being well taken care of while you are not home, a nanny cam is a great option for you. It seems like there’s a new headline every week telling a horrific story about the negligence or abuse to children by caretakers, sometimes in the parents’ own home. While it is true that you can’t always be around to keep a watchful eye on your kids, a nanny cam can give you peace of mind. You need this while someone else is doing that part of your job for you.
We will begin by giving you an overview of what a nanny cam is and what it can do for you. Next, we will give you some tips on how to choose a nanny cam, followed by some things to consider when choosing the right one for you. Then, we will suggest our favorite nanny cam options. Finally, we will wrap up with some of our readers’ most frequently asked questions.
Top 6 Best Nanny Cams Reviewed
Cheap Wireless Wifi Nanny Cams
When you hire a babysitter, you want to be able to tune in anytime to get a snippet of what is going on at home. The best nanny cams to purchase if you want this capability are WiFi capable, but sometimes the price is too steep for those with a more modest income. We have included some of our personal favorite budget-friendly options below for you.
Mini Wireless WiFi Nanny Camera
We love this mini camera because it packs a big punch in a small package. The camera quality is outstanding, and it offers motion detection. This one is perfect for those that want a more covert and natural-looking option on a budget!ORDER NOW
Smart Home Wireless Nanny Cam
It’s all about the gadgets these days. If you are passionate about technology like I am, you probably have your fair share of devices. This WiFi nanny cam offers the added capabilities of being able to connect to your other smart home devices. Some examples of these devices are Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. If you have one of these, this product is a great one to add to your collection!ORDER NOW
Tilting Lens Wireless Nanny Cam
The flexibility of this camera makes it easy to place anywhere in the house. No matter how high or low the surface is, you can point the lens to whatever area you wish. This comes in handy if you have small children that might grab the camera if it sits low. It also accommodates short tables and other surfaces. For this price, you can’t beat the convenience!ORDER NOW
Wireless Wall Adapter Hidden Nanny Cam
This is one of our favorite low-profile nanny cameras on the market. It disguises itself as a wall adapter but comes equipped with a high-resolution camera, motion sensor, and audio capability. Consequently, it doesn’t get much better than this in terms of value.ORDER NOW
Easy Setup Nanny Camera
You don’t need to know a thing about technology to get this one set up. The product is installed in a simple process and comes with detailed, easy to follow instructions. We recommend this to anyone that is looking for a simple, cost-effective item that is easy to understand and operate.ORDER NOW
Portable Wireless Nanny Camera
You might find yourself needing to move the location of your camera around from time to time. Perhaps your child is getting older and spending more time in different parts of the house. Some people also use their nanny cams as regular surveillance while they’re at home. Either way, a portable camera offers convenience and simplicity if you need something easy to move around.ORDER NOW
WiFi Free Nanny Camera
Some people need an option that doesn’t require WiFi. Whether that is because you don’t have the service or a privacy issue, This is a great option for people who wish to forego a wireless connection. you won’t be able to view the camera’s feed from very far away from your home, but it does record what goes on when you are gone. When you get home, you can play that content back and get a full picture of what happened while you were out. You might even capture a golden moment that you will cherish forever!ORDER NOW
How to Pick a Nanny Cam and Features to Consider
A nanny cam is an in-home surveillance device that is installed in your home with the purpose of monitoring a caregiver’s interactions with your children. Typically, these cameras are installed in high-traffic areas such as a living room or a child’s bedroom. It is a good idea to place these wherever your caregiver will interact most with your child.
If you are considering purchasing a nanny cam or network or nanny cams for your home, there are many things you will need to consider first.
What can a Nanny Cam do for me?
A nanny cam is an asset to any parent who has caregivers in their home. One reason why parents love this product is that it deters abusive or neglectful behavior from happening.
On the other hand, if illegal conduct does occur, you now have video evidence that you can present to a judge in the court of law.
A WiFi nanny cam can also help you to feel more connected to your children, even when you are not around. You can tune in at any time and see what your children are doing.
Imagine logging in on your lunch break at work and watching your child laugh and play. This might even give you the boost you need to get through a long day.
How to Pick a Nanny Cam
Choosing the right nanny spy camera is essential to a positive nanny cam experience. Now that you have decided that you want to install a system in your home, there are a few things to consider first.
Several factors as the size of your home and the number of children you have will impact this decision. Prepare yourself with all the details before you make a purchase. This is the best way to guarantee your dollars are spent on the best possible product for your needs.
Features to Consider
- The resolution will make a big difference in your nanny cam experience. You always want to make sure that you purchase an HD nanny cam in your home so that you get the best picture possible. Clear, sharp video playback will ensure that you can see all the details.
- WiFi is a highly sought after component in modern nanny cams. If you want to be able to access the live feed from your home no matter where you are, an internet connection is needed.
- A two-way talk feature is a great option for parents that want to chime in to conversations while they are out. Nanny cams that offer this feature will allow you to speak to the person on the screen without the hassle of making a phone call or sending a text, This could come in handy in emergency situations, as well.
- Some nanny cams have the capability of alerting you when motion occurs in the room it is installed in. This will ensure that you tune into the proper nanny cam where the action is happening.
- The power source of your nanny cam is an important feature to consider. If you don’t choose a product that connects to a constant source of power, you risk the battery dying prematurely.
- You will need to decide whether you want to go with a hidden nanny cam or a visible one. A hidden nanny cam guarantees that you can see your caretaker’s pure, uncensored behavior. Just be sure the recording laws in your state allow for this equipment before you install a nanny spy camera.
- Consider whether you want your nanny cam to record video and audio or if video alone is enough for you.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the capture zone of our camera and angle, as well. Larger rooms will require a camera with a wide-angle lens, so you may need to use a combination of different options to best fit your home.
- If someone cares for your children any time after sunset, you might consider an option that offers night vision. This feature can also be great for monitoring children while they nap in a dark room, as well.
All your Nanny Cam Questions Answered
There are several wonderful places you can look for your new nanny camera. Amazon and other online websites have great variety. If you are looking for something local, any reputable electronics vendor will do!
Many people choose to use their cameras anywhere the child spends a lot of time. You can install it in one room or many, the choice is all yours!
Most nanny cameras will work on your home network with or without connectivity. Refer to your camera’s manufacturer to confirm this.
In some states, you must have your caretaker’s permission to record using hidden video equipment. Other states don’t regulate it as strictly. Your best choice is to check the laws in your area for the best answer.
In addition to picking a great spot for it, you can turn the lights off in the room and look for any lights. We also recommend looking where the camera is from many different angles to be sure it isn’t conspicuous.
Nanny Camera’s Summed Up
When you decide to purchase a nanny camera, there are many things to consider. As long as you make sure you educate yourself as much as possible, you can ensure a positive experience for all involved.
You must be sure that you take into account all the requirements that you will need beforehand. When you go to a store or log in online, have a list handy of must-have features. Don’t be afraid to take notes and bring them along. A salesperson or virtual support person can use this information to help you further.
A nanny camera is the best way to keep a watchful eye on your children when you can’t be there physically. Do your due diligence in choosing the right one, and you will thank yourself later!
SAY CHEESE! My name is Mike and I love technology, software, and crypto. I grew up around my ‘nerdy’ engineering parents who’ve worked for high tech start-ups and aerospace companies. They’ve taught me everything I know, from destructing the latest phones to playing around with drones, writing lines of code and investing in cryptocurrencies. I take things apart, put them back together and add some (code). I breathe and live tech and can’t wait to teach you more!